The next Board Meeting of the 2022-23 Season will be held on January 10th, 2023 @ 7:30 PM - the meeting location will be the Auditorium of Bishop Ford Catholic H.S. (500 19th Street)….. Officials in the 2020, 2021 & 2022 Classes will be contacted for floor observations by the Education Committee during January….The Annual Officials vs Cancer campaign will be the two weeks of January 16th & 23rd – Whistles, Lanyards & Tee-shirts are available for purchase…..
Founded in 1925 the Stated Purposes of District Board #37 are:
• To Educate, Train, Develop, And Provide Continuous Instruction For Basketball Officials,
• To Promote The Welfare Of The Game Of Basketball, Its Players And Officials,
• To Maintain The Highest Standard Of Basketball Officiating,
• To Encourage The Spirit Of Fair Play And Sportsmanship Among Contestants,
• To Have Available An Adequate Number Of Thoroughly Trained And Capable Officials, And
• To Cooperate With All Organizations Officially Connected With The Game Of Basketball.
This Worldwide Organization of Local “District Boards” That Spans 38 States In The United States And 11 Foreign Countries, Has Been The Unparalleled And Undisputed Leader In Training Basketball Officials In:
• The Basketball Rules Of The Game
• The Mechanics And Techniques Of Officiating
• The Organization Of Local And State Officials Association’s
• The Development Of Training Curricula And Standards