Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, The Brooklyn Board has postponed all meeting activity until New York City’s “Shelter-in-Place” regulation is rescinded.
What You Need to Know About COVID-19
Shelter in place (Stay at home)
• Only go outside for essential tasks. Those tasks include working for an essential business, getting groceries and supplies, or securing necessary medical care.
• If you must go outside, keep at least six feet of distance between yourself and others, and wear a face covering.
• While at home wash your hands with soap and water often, for at least 20 seconds every time, or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
What to do if You are Sick
COVID-19 is a disease that affects your lungs and airways.
Identifying Symptoms may include:
• Fever (Temperature of 100.4 Degrees F / 38.0 Degrees C or Greater)
• Cough • Shortness of breath (trouble breathing)
• Sore throat • Chills • Muscle Pain
• Sore Throat
• Loss of Smell or Taste
If you have any of these symptoms, and they are not due to a preexisting health condition, such as asthma or emphysema, you may have COVID-19 and should isolate yourself at home and alert a family member or neighbor. If after two to three days you still feel sick, contact your health care provider. If you experience severe symptoms, such as difficulty breathing, call 911 immediately.
Smitty IAABO Face Mask
Available in Large or Small Sizes
Facemask are available with or without The IAABO Logo and additional colors: Black, Pink, Powder Blue, Royal Blue, Neon Green and Neon Orange!
Click here to order your mask.
Founded in 1923 the Stated Purposes of IAABO are:
• To Educate, Train, Develop, And Provide Continuous Instruction For Basketball Officials,
• To Promote The Welfare Of The Game Of Basketball, Its Players And Officials,
• To Maintain The Highest Standard Of Basketball Officiating,
• To Encourage The Spirit Of Fair Play And Sportsmanship Among Contestants,
• To Have Available An Adequate Number Of Thoroughly Trained And Capable Officials, And
• To Cooperate With All Organizations Officially Connected With The Game Of Basketball.
This Worldwide Organization of Local “District Boards” That Spans 38 States In The United States And 11 Foreign Countries, Has Been The Unparalleled And Undisputed Leader In Training Basketball Officials In:
• The Basketball Rules Of The Game
• The Mechanics And Techniques Of Officiating
• The Organization Of Local And State Officials Association’s
• The Development Of Training Curricula And Standards